Golden Records 4 has been released today. This adds cloud synchronisation to Golden Records and the ability for members to submit scores online, and view their score records online. Online access is also available for club officials. An annual subscription is needed for the cloud services, but otherwise there is no cost to upgrade to version 4.
Due to database changes Golden Records 4 will not recognise the database used for Golden Records 3. It will be necessary to transfer data from version 3 to version 4 using a transfer file.
Features added to the core Golden Records include:
- Option to use SQL Server as a database
- Export to Microsoft Access
- Export to SQL Server
- Updating of Handicap and Classification data to latest version without needing to upgrade the software
- Updating lists of rounds, classes from a remote data source
- Checking for new club records